Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mindy's Walgreens deals


Alright ladies. I had a good score today. I was cruisin' with my shopping cart around Walgreens and an employee told me to check out at the fragrance counter b/c she had some coupons I could use on my Chemistry brand hair stuff. Sweet, hope that doesn't throw me off too much since I was trying to stay as close to $40 as I could. Well I get to the register, she is ringing me up and I realize my wallet is missing and hope it's in the car. She was super nice & not annoyed I had to run to the car. I come back to find my total quite lower than I anticipated.

Here is how my receipt reads:


  • Crest Pro-Health (actually our toothpaste of choice!) $3.79*

  • Walgreens Acid Controller $7.99*

  • L'Oreal Advanced RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle $12.36*

  • Revlon nail color $4.79*

  • Chemistry brand hair stuff $7.99*

  • Purex detergent $3.19 (bringing my total to $40.11)

  • $10 off $40 purchase -$10

  • Purex mfg coupon -$.50

  • Chemistry coupon (from nice employee)-$3.00

  • Chemistry coupon (from nice employee)-$1.00

*free after rebate


Total spent in the store (without tax): $25.61
Total of expected rebates: $40.61 (36.92 + 10% gift card bonus)
Correct me if I am wrong but that is $15 worth of overage!
This makes me love Walgreens!

2 comments:

mcraw said...

Nice work! I realized that I could have made $3 by using the Chemistry coupon in the August Easy Saver book. O well. Now we just need to see what specials they will have this week. Whoo Hoo!!!

mcraw said...

Nice work! I realized that I could have made $3 by using the Chemistry coupon in the August Easy Saver book. O well. Now we just need to see what specials they will have this week. Whoo Hoo!!!