Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fareway made me sad today

I think I'm done shopping at Fareway. I went in there because they had 2 things on sale which I also had coupons for. Of course, it's me so I picked up a few other things too. Anyway, when I got to the checkout, they told me that they're not taking internet/printed coupons anymore. I returned the items that I had coupons for, but ended up getting the other few items because they were things that I needed to make dinner tonight. It made me sad. If only Fareway would see how they win by having coupons. I still bought other stuff. But now, sad to say, I am not going to shop at Fareway. If they don't want my coupons, then I don't want them.

3 comments:

JB said...

I am sad! I like Fareway but that is too bad that they don't take interent coupons. We should call the manager. I wonder if this is a store policy or a corporate policy? I'd be happy to try the Altoona Fareway as a test.

Dawn said...

I just spoke with the assistant manager today over the phone and he said they do take printed internet coupons. He said there are a few illegitimate coupons floating around where you get more money back than the product is worth that they won't accept (I don't know which ones these are). But in general, they are accepting internet coupons according to this manager.

By the way, this was at the Ames Fareway.

mcraw said...

I'm glad to hear that they're still taking them in Ames. I went to the Ankeny one on the corner of Oralabor and Ankeny Blvd. I might try the one in North Ankeny and see what they do.