Thursday, September 4, 2008

The magic of vinegar

This isn't exactly a "deal" found at a store, but it could save you a lot of money of cleaning products. I have been trying to be more "green" at our house. We try to only use the reusable shopping bags (does everyone use theirs at HyVee? 5 cents off for each bag you use!), we recycle, and we are even switching over to cloth diapers for our 9 month old (my husband was a hard sell on switching, but now every time he uses a cloth diaper he gets excited and says, "That is one less diaper in a landfill")

Anyway, I have heard from several sources about how vinegar is such a good cleaning product. So I Googled it the other day and found this website with a lot of different ideas for using vinegar. In fact, there are 1001 ideas. The site is called simply vinegartips.com. Who knew distilled white vinegar had so many uses. Not I. I admit I have not tried any yet, but am excited to as soon as my other cleaners run out. I'd love to hear if anyone else has tried some of the tips and what worked for them.

1 comment:

mindy said...

you should see if your library has this book (or if you can get it through your inter-library loan), it is very handy if you are trying to cut costs on everyday household items.
http://www.amazon.com/Homemade-How-Hundreds-Everyday-Naturally/dp/0762109041/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1220561834&sr=11-1