Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm back at Walgreens


I took a two week hiatus from Walgreens while waiting for my gift card to come. It finally did yesterday with almost $60 on it, so I figured out what I wanted to purchase. And here it is. Can I tell you how much free stuff makes me smile inside. Not all of this was free, but that's fine. It was still a super great deal and I needed the stuff that I actually "paid" for.
This was the first time that I did multiple transactions. I don't know what the rules are, so I just brought my first purchase to my car and then went back in for more.
So the first transaction was all that Soft Soap body wash. It is currently on sale for $3.49. There are $1.00 coupons you can print. These are a little tricky though. I ended up with 4 of them. Then there is a $1.00 off coupon in the Easy Saver book that will go towards each of the bottles. You get $10.00 register rewards when you buy 5. So I paid $9.50 with my gift card and got a $10.00 register reward. FREE!!!
Then for the second transaction. This one wasn't quite as sweet because I got stuff that I wanted. Here's what it all is:
Dove Chocolate bars are on sale for 2 for $3.00 (normally $2.39 each). You can use the coupon in the Walgreen's flyer to buy one, get one. Then I got $1.00 off coupons from a nice lady at Target one day and used those, but allegedly there are other $1.00 off Dove coupons floating around out there. So those were $0.40 total.
Then there is a coupon in the Walgreens flyer for buy one, get one envelopes for $0.99 so I hooked that up and got 2 boxes of 40 envelopes.
The Gillette shampoo is on sale 2 for $10. There are $2.00 off coupons that came in some flyer in the paper some time. And then these are also rebate items that I will get $5.00 back on. Total spent was $0.99 for 2 shampoos for the hubby.
Then for the big purchase. I really like Swiffers and we were in need of refills. The refills are on sale for $3.49 right now, which is actually a pretty decent price. I had a couple coupons from the Home Solutions book. $1.00 off any two refills and then two $0.50 coupons off one refill. And then by purchasing 4 of those items, I got $5.00 in register rewards. I was able to use $10.00 of register rewards from my first transaction. And then I will get $5.00 rebate for the shampoo. So it wasn't completely free, but I think I got a really good deal on Swiffer stuff ($1.75 per each Swiffer item I got) which makes it worth it to me.
This may have been confusing...because that's how I am. You can always ask questions if you need more clarity. I'm just happy to be back at Walgreens and having successful shopping there.

No comments: